|
|
twitter updates
|
|||
|
about me
12/8's the date to remember. I'm head over heels with hanlyu/한류. Period. :) I know you're jealous of me because I'm AWESOME-ER than you are. tagboard
affiliates
Adam DesaAfiq Nazar Amanda Yap Amylia Chai Ashwinee Christina Chen Chun Yang Chy Suen (sis) Clarice Goh Denise Lee Dillon Eng Fatin Harmony Tan Hui Xian Janice Lee Jarrett Ong Jason Cheng Jer Cherng Jia Qian Joshua Teo Laura Chien Lih Wern Ling Yi Min Hui Muayyad Pei Yun Rayna Chang Rita Chan Samantha Yap Siau Thung Shi Hui Shu Shian Su Ann Vivien Low Wei Chung Wei Jun Weii Syuen Wen Qin Xin Vee Yee Wan Yew Ming archives
credits
This layout is designed by doughnutcrazy. |
Back to square one.
I just realized it has been more than a year since I've last blogged.Anyway, I found this awesome organic food restaurant/cafe in 1Utama, of which I really would love to share with you peeps. In case you're wondering, the name of the restaurant/cafe I'm talking about is Opika Organic Market Restaurant. Additionally, Opika also sells organic foodstuff (various types of nuts and seeds, oil, vinegar, maple syrup, fruits and vegetables, condiments, herbs and spices and even breakfast cereals and snacks etc.) The cover of the menu. I really love the design of the menu. It's simple yet sophisticated at the same time. My dad, mum, younger sis and I shared two salads as appetizers, namely Caesar Salad and Quinoa Salad. The Caesar Salad was yummy (my personal favourite), but i wished that there were more croutons in the salad as, one, I really love croutons and two, to provide extra crunch to the salad. My parents and sister on the other hand enjoyed the Quinoa Salad. The Quinoa Salad has a nice acidity and creaminess to it, thanks to the layer of cubed mango and avocado nested below the thick layer of Quinoa. I personally feel that this salad is value for money as Quinoa is high in protein, and you'll get your dose of vitamins and fiber as well. ps: The price of Caesar salad and Quinoa salad is the same (If I'm not mistaken, both salads are priced at RM25 each). So i suppose you know why I said Quinoa salad is value-for-money eh? :P Aglio Olio Spaghetti with Salmon. This was supposed to be my dinner until my dad who also ordered this dish mentioned that this dish is too spicy for me ( I can't really eat spicy food and besides, I was down with a very bad cough.) So if you cannot really stomach spicy food (like me), maybe you should order something else. But other than the heat of the dish from the chilli flakes, the salmon is was really thick and it wasn't dry at all. Confit of Chicken. This was supposed to be my mum's order. Anyway, I ended up eating this dish since I couldn't eat Aglio Olio Spaghetti with Salmon. Not that I'm complaining though, because this dish was really good too. The chicken was tender, and the pumpkin puree (i think it's pumpkin puree, since the orange puree tasted like pumpkin) complimented the tender chicken thigh well. I personally do not really like the taste and texture of pumpkin, but this dish made me finish everything on the plate, and left me craving for more. :) Carbonara Spaghetti with Chicken (not too sure what's the name of the dish) - My sis's dinner. My younger sister, a huge fan of Carbonara styled spaghetti, gave two thumbs up for this dish. Ah, Chamomile tea. :) I'll be going back to Opika again soon for Linguine with Pinenut Pesto and House Spiced Pan Seared Salmon and also for desserts. :D Food there is great and the ambiance is excellent. So, who says organic food is boring and tastes bland? Location: Opika Organic Market Restaurant Lot 105 & 106, LG of One Utama (Old Wing) Credits to: http://theyumlist.blogspot.com/2012/03/opika-1-utama-petaling-jaya-malaysia.html and http://oongui.blogspot.com/2012/03/back-to-basic-organic-food-opica-1u.html for some of the photos in this post. Thanks. :) Till then, cherrios! :P
|





